Friday, September 15, 2006

Ramblings

OMFG!! YOU MUST BE JOKING!

This is probably the 6th farking time I am typing this!

The damn internet connection keeps disconnecting every 30 minutes!

And it takes another 10 minutes to re-establish a proper and secure connection. I can’t believe I am paying an extra $20 a month for this crappy connection. The whole of yesterday I couldn’t even connect to the internet and got so stressed over it because I had an exam in the morning and most of the notes are online! I had to strain myself to read 300 pages of the textbook instead, for a bloody multiple choice question exam.

*eyes bulge*

If I had connection to the internet I could have just read off the concise and simple slide notes, but NOOOoooo. Internet was ‘down’. I wasn’t crazy enough to walk into university at 2am in the morning to feed off the free wireless connection. No way, not safe and, I’d look like a lunatic. Maybe the service was down?

Or maybe there is something wrong with the landlord’s router/modem?

Or maybe the other roommates are downloading loads of stuff?

Or maybe the landlord had to reset the modem to get a better connection?

Or maybe there is really something wrong with the broadband supplier?

There are hundreds of possibilities to consider, but I think it is just the landlord’s ignorance. Whenever I get impatient I go up to his room to find out what is happening, ask him if he knows what is happening to the connection, but he always gives me that fucked up surprised expression and blurts “Oh? I check I check.”

Oh… my… gawd…

The internet connection was down for gawd knows how long, I see that his computer is switched on, he must be online as well, and doesn’t he notice it?? Or does this only happen to me? Bloody hell! I go complain to him about the internet almost constantly, sometimes I do it at least once a day, doesn’t he get annoyed? Heck, even I am annoyed at myself.

Usually after a few seconds after complaining, internet connection is back on again, running smoothly, for another few hours, two, maybe four.

*pause* Damn it! Everything stops.

It seems like the only thing I talk about is internet internet internet. Geez, the amount of times I go up to knock on his door to complain is a good indication that there is something wrong with the service and he should at least look into it or better, change provider! Why doesn’t he get the message? Oh wait, I forgot. He is a useless son0fabitch.

No matter how many times I complain, he doesn’t do a thing. It is like I am complaining to a brick wall. And when I question the girlfriend, she too gives me that blank, stupid expression, and tells me that she herself has no idea. Great. The perfect couple. The both of them are utterly stupid and useless. Only thing they seem to be good at is quarrel.

They just had a row in the bathroom. Yes! Both of them! In the bathroom! They were shouting at each other for a good 30 minutes, locked in the bathroom. What the heck were they doing fighting in the bathroom anyway? I was busy minding my own business listening to music while the Indian couple were watching down in the hall. I just got up to take a bottle of water from the kitchen and then heard very loud shouting coming from somewhere. At first I thought it was the next-door neighbours. It was that loud. Then the housemates told me that it was the landlord and his girlfriend. I was surprised.

This was the first time I’ve heard them go at each other like this. It used to be civilised. This seemed to sound as if they were about to start punching and get physical. Man, if I were one of the persons in that quarrel, I’d already be punching and hitting. It was that bad. And I was told that it had been going on for a good 30 minutes already. I was actually getting worried that it might end badly. It was like one of those movie scenes where you see a married couple quarrelling and fighting about something, and then someone often gets killed in the process. Laugh out loud.

Anyway, it ended soon enough and the night was quite again. Indian couple finally retired to bed, and I went back to surfing the net, only to find that my internet connection had been disconnected again. So here I am, typing in Microsoft Word. Praying and hoping that the internet comes back on again. This is the seventh time I got disconnected within 3 hours. This time it is taking more than just 10 minutes. 40 minutes and counting…

*edit*

GREAT! Two fucking hours and the internet is still not back on! I have waited long enough and am now going to bed! I will probably post this up later in the day. Hopefully the connection frees up by then. If not I will definitely have that talk with the landlord. I’m not paying no fucking fees for this shit. He can stuff it up his arse for all I care.

This is too much.

No comments: