Friday, October 13, 2006

QUICK! Newspaper!

That was what I thought when I saw it scramble across the floor. It was half the size of a cigarette box and moving really fast. I have never seen anything that huge before! Thank gawd there were sheets of paper lying around, I quickly rolled it up and started whacking the thing. Missing most of the time, but my sudden bursts of attack probably frightened the poor fella because it took flight and tried to hide under my bag.

As usual, my room was in a total mess. Books, clothes, paper, magazines, you name it. All were scattered in a mess on the floor, plenty of hiding space for it to hide. So I quickly took the bag and tossed it into an empty corner, giving no opportunity for it to hide. I frantically tried searching the whole kitchen for insect spray to kill it with, but to my dismay, couldn’t find anything I could use, so I took the next best thing.

Yes… it was the ONLY thing within reach. I kinda figured that if this thing is used to kill odour and germs, why not? Spiders are bugs; they probably carry germs… maybe, but oh well, might as well try. If it didn’t work out, I could always go back to killing it with a rolled up newspaper anyway.

So I cornered the fella, and sprayed away! And guess what? It DID die! Imagine that? I wasn’t sure if it died because of the poison, or because I overdid it. It was hard to tell, but just to be safe, I squashed it with the end of a rolled up newspaper as well. I wouldn’t want that thing crawling about anywhere near me, while I sleep. Imagine something as big as that crawling on your face while you sleep. Bleugh..

*damn can't post up the photos...connection bad. will do it when the connection speeds up.

No comments: