Sunday, November 19, 2006

kitchen conversations

Business was slow at the restaurant today. It was very, very relaxed. So what do people do when they're not busy preparing meals, taking orders, or waiting on diners? They muck around, and most of the time, they gossip. Well, gossip isn't the appropriate word to use, it was more like, an exchange of information. Advice, opinions, whatever. Topic of the day? Sex.

And as usual, I was the center of attention. I was the youngest, un-married bloke around the kitchen, the most obvious victim to pick on. Conversations revolved around the opinions of girth, circumference, lenght, prolonging, caucasians, asians, rubber bands (oh my gawd), and the rest, I'll just leave it to your imagination.

I later learnt that boss-head-waiter's girlfriend was Miss Malaysia 2002. No wonder she looked awfully familiar the first time I met her. So further conversation and gossip shifted from the usual victim, to boss-head-waiter. The married chefs took turns harassing him about the whole affair, how'd he manage to pull it off, how does she look like, figure, all things imaginable. Because the chefs were quite new, none of them have seen her before, except the few of us who have been there since the opening of the restaurant. Only thing is, boss-head-waiter is shorter than his girlfriend ex-model-ex-miss-malaysia, by a few inches. So how did he pull it off? Hrmm... I will have to remember to ask him that the next time I see him. Interesting. Whats his secret I wonder?

No comments: